100 days of daily happenings and year and a half into teaching. Here are a few things I have picked up along the way:
- Relationships > Content
- If you don’t believe in something, students won’t either
- Spend less time talking…more time listening
- Throw crazy pictures in the middle of intense lectures
- Students love college stories (The clean stories)
- Discipline is teaching
- Ask other teacher questions… about everything
- It is ok to admit to students you don’t know the answer…make sure to come back and answer it when you do though.
- Sloooooooooow Dowwwwwwwwwwn
- Just because some strategy works for a whole lot of teacher doesn’t mean it will work for you…this is ok
- Students come up with some amazing solutions, talk about those and make sense of them…even if they are incorrect.
February is a low point in the year, but there are good things happening everyday. This blog has been a great place to focus on the good and leave school each day on a positive note! Thanks to everyone for all the comments/feedback so far. I am looking forward to 80 more days of this!